Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wherein I ramble

Last night was my company’s monthly mixer which means a 14-15 hour day for me! Needless to say I was exhausted when I finally got home and no sewing took place. Just a lot of not moving.


However, that does not mean that I didn’t think about sewing. I did. A lot before sheer exhaustion over took me.

Yes, I have not finished anything yet but am thinking about my next project. I think the next project will be this dress. Why? Probably because I need to pick hard patterns to make. Though this will be made with a cotton so no slippery fabric. This will also NOT include trim requiring weeks of hand sewing. I do plan to shorten the dress so that it i not ankle legnth. 

These are all positives. I need something easy right about now and the fabric is from my stash: the mint dotted swiss pictured here on the left.

Suffragette: I, too, am utterly in awe of people who can turn out an outfit in a weekend. As hard as I try, I just cant do this. I am a slow and easily distracted sewer. I often need a deadline so that I can spend the 2 days before the deadline working like crazy on an outfit and not sleeping!!!!!

1 comment:

Zhu Y said...

Our pneumatic factory was founded in 2000,CHECK HERE. In decades of serving China pneumatic industry, we have built our reputation on product knowledge, world class suppliers, application support, and value add services. Our commitment to our employees, customers and vendors is the core of our business beliefs. In our factory, there are more than 80 front-line workers, 3000 squares working shop.Our main products are air Pneumatic Cylinder, solenoid valve and also a lot of pneumatic fittings like Air Gun.