Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wherein I ramble

Last night was my company’s monthly mixer which means a 14-15 hour day for me! Needless to say I was exhausted when I finally got home and no sewing took place. Just a lot of not moving.


However, that does not mean that I didn’t think about sewing. I did. A lot before sheer exhaustion over took me.

Yes, I have not finished anything yet but am thinking about my next project. I think the next project will be this dress. Why? Probably because I need to pick hard patterns to make. Though this will be made with a cotton so no slippery fabric. This will also NOT include trim requiring weeks of hand sewing. I do plan to shorten the dress so that it i not ankle legnth. 

These are all positives. I need something easy right about now and the fabric is from my stash: the mint dotted swiss pictured here on the left.

Suffragette: I, too, am utterly in awe of people who can turn out an outfit in a weekend. As hard as I try, I just cant do this. I am a slow and easily distracted sewer. I often need a deadline so that I can spend the 2 days before the deadline working like crazy on an outfit and not sleeping!!!!!

No comments: