Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has Sprung

At least it has for me.  Saturday was so nice, sunny and warm that I just had to go fabric shopping.  I went off with the thoughts of getting some cheap black cotton for a muslin of a 1918 dress.  Well, as you can see, black I did not get. All ideas of black went promptly right out the window once I started looking at fabrics.   Instead, all sorts of wonderfully springy type fabrics.  2 colours of swiss dot..white and turquoise.  

Also a mint swiss dot with a pattern which may be for a 1930’s dress.  The green is a heavy stretch silk. The second turquoise is an eyelet:

I don’t know if it was because of the sun or my mood but I kept choosing spring fabrics.  So unlike me.

All this fabric for the low price of ….wait for it…..all in all 29 yards of fabric….for….$28.  Yooowza.  I truly lucked out this time.  Oh yes!!  Now I just need to actually do some sewing.

No comments: