Saturday, May 07, 2011

Piiping


I wanted to do something to set off this dress and finish it nicely.  So I thought contrasting corded piping.  That might have worked if my brown was even close to the color brown in the print.  It would have been smart to have checked before making the piping.  Nope, I just whipped up a load of brown piping which will have to be used for something else!

Front view.  See the facing
bunching up?
So, same fabric piping here we come.
Close up of piping.





I have piped the armholes and neckline.  My distaste of facings raised its head again.  The neckline facing was not laying correctly.  Then it hit me…duh….I forgot to clip and trim the seam allowance.  No wonder it was all bunchy!  I used bias binding to finish the armhole area.
Back view.  How do I get everything
so very wrinkled as I sew?

I like the piping and plan to put it in the waist seam as well.

No comments: