I know that my December list became an epic fail in my mind. Not because I did not have sufficient time? Oh no, it was simply because I did not plan and check what I was doing.
A quick recap:
1. Under no circumstances am I permitted to purchase fabric. Notions such as thread and zippers are permitted. SUCCESS!!
2. Finish a minimum of 2 UFOs. FAIL – 1 completed except for the hem.
3. Fix the lining on the vintage coat. FAIL – I thought this would be just sewing up the seams. Oh my NO! I had not really examined the lining. I will have to replace the entire thing. UGH.
4. Sew 2 hems: FAIL – only did one.
5. 1 new skirt out of existing fabric. FAIL. I took the fabric with me and I didn’t notice that it had shrunk in the pre-wash so it no longer fit the selected pattern.
6. Trace off 3 patterns: SUCCESS!! I traced 5 patterns. Yup, got carried away with the soil separator.
I know that this is not an unmitigated failure of a to do list. I did get a lot accomplished. But this is why I try to be very careful when making lists. I don’t know how you react to lists but let me tell you this one started to really stress me out. When December 30th rolled around, I started scrambling to try and finish more on my list. Geez…that sucked. I hate doing that to myself …it gives me flash backs of my former career…..shudder.
What I learned is no more lists for a little while. I apparently am a wimp and just cant take the pressure! Thus, you will see no resolutions, sewing or non-sewing happening here. I want to enjoy sewing so I guess I just have to putter along at my own speed for a while.