Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A Pressing Matter



I had ironed the skirt numerous
times at this point - YUCK
Wrinkles!!!
I think everyone knows that one should press while sewing.  However, what I tend to do is iron rather than press.

With my Vogue 6329 skirt that I do love, I have not shared pictures of the final product because every single picture showed a terribly wrinkled skirt.  As the skirt hung on the dress form it didn’t look so bad.  But boy, looking at the photos what a wrinkled mess!

So off I went to iron it …again…and again….and again with steam….but I was ironing NOT pressing.   

Finally, I made a pressing a pressing cloth and went to town with a water/vinegar solution.  And the skirt started to look better.  


Better but not perfect






Albeit the skirt smelled a little vinegary for a while…phew but it was worth it.  I am still not 100% happy but I am definitely happier and no longer embarrassed.  I tend to be very tentative with an iron.  That must stop!

No comments: