Friday, January 21, 2011

Miscalculation

McCall 8086 is cut out and read to be sewn.  I thought there was plenty of fabric.  It looked that way when I eye-balled it.  However, I have a bad habit which gets you into trouble: I don’t trace the waistband or lay out a pattern piece.  Really, all you are talking about is a 4 inch wide rectangle….why use a pattern piece?

How do I get a waistband out of this mess?
Up until now, this has not been a problem, there was always sufficient left over fabric for the waistband. I prefer not to have a lot of fabric left over from a project because I tend to hold on to the fabric thinking it may come in handy for something….so I like it when I estimate just right.  Not so this time….take a look at what is left.  Bits and bobs really.

It looks like a lot of fabric but it isn’t.  I am going to have to piece together a waistband.  I am not sure how.   On the positive side, there certainly will not be left over fabric from this project!!

No comments: