Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

To all the mothers out there, I hope you had a great day!

In other news….the sleeves are finished which means there is no more trim to sew on!!  Watch me do a happy dance!  I did run out of silver trim on the last bit of the sleeve, wouldn’t you know it!  So I had to run to the trim store today which turned out to be a bad idea.  Everyone and their closest relatives were out and about.  There was no parking.  I had to stop in a loading zone and run into get my measly 1 yard of trim of which I only needed a portion.  However, it was better to brave the crowds rather than wait until next weekend to be able to finish the last bit of sleeve.

It should be easy here on out…just a waistband, sash, buttons and buttonholes.  Whew that looks like more that it really is depending on how hard the buttonholes are to put in which may be very hard indeed since I have yet to be successful with buttonholes.

Baby steps.  Attaching bodice and skirt to a waistband is up next.

No comments: