Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Vintage Find


 We interrupt the sewing to share a recent vintage find.





Gah... a blurry picture of the clasp.
It looks much better in person.
Note, the ring for a chain/strap
I found this cute little purse with a lovely rhinestone clasp plus it is black and could be used in a variety of time periods.  It is truly timeless and a very useful find.

Gotta love the built in lipstick pocket
It was listed as a clutch but the reality is that it was missing its chain.  I love the details on the inside.  Not just a matching coin purse but with a place to put your lipstick.  Love!  I have never heard of the brand  “Frilo”  before but if anyone out there has, let me know.

So the fix for this bag was a $2.50 pewter looking chain from downtown.  I picked pewter over silver simple because it looked nicer than the silver chains I was finding.  Besides, the price was right.  I threaded it through and linked it back together and voila a fixed purse.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a find. I don't know the label. It's a beauty though. Very good the way you added the chain in pewter. Sure am enjoying your blog. Hope you will continue it too.