Another 1940's dress that is coming together quickly......such a pleasure.
- Did not do an FBA since it is a 34 inch bust.
- There are pleats in the bodice and darts in the shoulder.
- I did not like the pleats in the bodice and turned them into darts.
- I made a huge cutting error on the skirt. One piece is not wide enough through the hips. It is my fault; I did not make sure the fabric was even before I started cutting.
- I cut the sleeves on the bias. Not sure why; the pattern is too subtle to really show up with a bias cut.
- I love love love the pleats on the sleeves. So simple but pretty.
- I had to stare at the instructions for a long time to figure out how the pleats in the front bodice worked and then after figuring them out I turned them into darts. Blech.
Where I am:
|Not sure I like those lapels|
Pieces are sewn together…..kinda…
|Bias cut sleeve with pretty pleats!|
|Yup, there is the back.|