Monday, June 06, 2011

Pattern Buying Moratorium Lifted

I have been so very good.  Incredibly good for me!  I have not bought a new pattern since January!  This is me!  No pattern….since the first week of January.

Well, I lost the plot over the weekend and bought a few patterns.  I was forced to go to a costumer’s yard sale.  Yes, forced to go….that is my story and I am sticking with it!  One of the sellers had bins of patterns.  One bin in particular had 30’s and 40’s patterns!  Upon asking how much for a pattern, I learned they were all 1$.  WHAT!!!  So I scrambled and picked up a few.  I only had $5 on me…..I really went without the intent to buy or I would have had more $$ on me.  So, I bought 5 patterns at $1 each.

The envelopes of the patterns are in shreds or, in one case, missing completely.  Didn’t care, for a $1 I was willing to give them a shot!

One of the patterns is Simplicity 4662.  Note, this picture is from the Vintage Pattern Wikia because the envelope is in such bad condition.
 
I love the coat.  I must give this coat a try!

Also, Hollywood Patterns 739.

This envelope is in the
best condition
Another 1940s dress but isn’t lovely???

But then my camera battery crapped out.  Will post the others tomorrow.

2 comments:

Debi said...

WOW! Amazing finds!!!!

1912 Suffragette said...

I have Simplicity 4662 also and want to give the dress a try. I have very broad shoulders and with those dart tucks it looks like it would be a good match for me. Also, those early 40's patterns make really good use of fabric. Thanks for sharing.