Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pain in the Side

So, the next step was sewing up the sides all the way through the sleeves.  Sounds easy doesn’t it?

Not so much with the bit that would be under the arm.  I guess you would call these kimono sleeves…maybe.  I don’t know. What I do know is that this underarm part required a lot of re-dos.  In fact, it got to the point where I would sew a few stitches, stop.  Take a look from the right side, re-pin, sew, take a look.  Lets sum it up by stating I have no idea how many times I ripped that thing out or how many times I sewed it back up.  But I do estimate that 2 1/2 hours passed.

It looks ok.  Not super happy with it, but it works.  Also, the back portion seems unusually HUGE.  I made no pattern alteration to the back pieces….so what is up with that.

So far, I can say I am not a big fan of this Polynesian pattern.

No comments: