Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Gosh, just kill me now or forget it, you don’t have to because this Hawaii dress it doing it for me! Seriously, why is this taking sooooooooo long. It shouldn’t be hard. But I keep redoing that one seam…you know, the one I mentioned before….the underarm (or whatever it is called) seam.

The Good:

Hand sewing is good. Hand sewing makes me happy. When I hand sew, it seems go into a meditative state and completely relax – something that does not happen whilst sewing with a machine.

The Bad:

I don’t know what I was thinking but when the need for black thread arose, I spent some extra dollars on black cotton thread. Ugh! It was horrible. Really too thick for hand sewing the bias binding on the Hawaii dress. I really disliked the way it looked so I toddled back to the store to pick up some cheapo black thread. Lesson learned! Stick with the polyester thread unless sewing on silk.

The Ugly:

No surprise here, it is that seam where the underarm is on the Hawaii dress. I sewed the bodice bias binding on and then noticed another fabric mess in that area, so off came the bias binding. The reason there are no photos, just in case you are wondering!

No comments: