Monday, August 02, 2010

Dress of Doom Update

I am beating this thing into submission.  Nevertheless it is the Dress of Doom because every thing just goes wrong with it.  My beloved workhorse sewing machine started revolting yesterday.  Luckily, I can basically finish this up by hand.

What needs to be done? A lot.  Finish the sash.  Buy and put on buttons and button holes.  Hem the sucker.  Put on the soutache collar (ready made and from stash).  Sew down the facings.  Whew, I am tired just typing that list.

There is still a lot of work to be done but the majority is completed.  Because, that is an awful lot of green and I do not want any kermit the frog comparisons, I am placing some off white soutache on the fichu.  Ah yes, something else to be completed on this. 

My love affair with late teens fashions continue.

No comments: