Friday, July 09, 2010

Zipper … What Zipper? Or That's Why It's Called an Invisible Zipper

Ok, put the cream invisible zipper in McCall’s 5150.  I am very happy with it. 

I hand based the zipper in and then hand sewed using a backstitch closer to the zipper coils.  It turned out nice.  Only one place where the waist is does a little cream show. I can fix that later but it still looks nice.  I am happy with the way the waist seam lines up.  I cannot be this precise on the machine so even though I am down on handsewing lately it really is the only way to get this type of precision.

So to Kelli, Susan and Lisa….thanks for the input the neutral zipper WAS the way to go.  No worries about matching.

Lisa….about the magic bias slip:  I have that on the agenda but it keeps on getting pushed back which is silly really since I need to wear this dress in September for an event.  So I guess I need to get off my backside and do more sewing!

No comments: