Thursday, July 01, 2010

Conundrum

So what do I do?

McCalls 5150 is ready for a zipper.  I have been unable to find a zipper even in the same blue tone as this turquoise.

So...Do I use a blue zipper the closest match I can find?

Or

Do I use a neutral white, cream or beige?

I was going to try a lap zipper but think I will wait until there is not such a glaring color differential.  With an invisible zipper, not much will be seen, just the zip pull really.

Any thoughts???

I am tempted to go with a cream or a deeper beige simply because the blues seemed to be an in the face mismatch.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I had the same problem recently, I ended up going with a neutral zip too, I haven't sewn it in yet but I hope it works out! I don't care for the INYOURFACE zipper look that I've seen around. Good luck!

~Kelli @ Smidgens

Susan said...

I've had zipper matching issues lately too --especially with the blues and greens. I went with a beige one in the side seam of my green shirt recently. It was an invisible one, and the tab blends in enough not to be noticable.

lsaspacey said...

What I usually do is use a great complementary or contrasting zipper when I can't match. If it's a print, any color in the print. but with this blue I would probably use whatever looked good when I laid it across a scrap of the fabric in the store. I call it a "design element." ; )

lsaspacey said...

Oh, wait. I don't do invisible zippers so my story was about basic zipper installation when you see more of the tape. I agree with your choice.