Saturday, March 12, 2011

Perfect for a Chilly Day

After a bright and sunny week, it has turned positively chilly in these parts.  I need to turn the heat back on.  However, it is perfect for the completed Very Easy Vogue 9311.  It really is very easy and makes a really nice skirt.  Definitely an instant gratification skirt.  I really need to shorten the pattern though, it was still about 2 1/2 inches longer than I would have liked. 

You can see the little darts I put into the skirt to fix my stretching of the fabric.


The fabric is warm and goes nicely with my navy sweater which is definitely needed today.

I lined it….a quick look.

I ran into a problem hemming this skirt.  I hemmed it a couple of days ago but I didn’t think about how think the fabric is.  It was too thick for my basic turned over hem which is, of course, what I did.  After it was done, I took a look and UGH it was horrible.  So I ripped out the hem, applied hem lace to the bottom and did it all over again.  Success!!!!

Now onto bigger and better things and hopefully the return of warmer weather.

No comments: