Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More of August 1959............

Again August 1949 Butterick Fashion Nes. I am really enjoying this issue.



Here are 5 young compliment catchers!



I love Pattern 4956. Again, I am disappointed in that my searches have failed to yield an example of this pattern out there. It is now a quest for me to find a pattern that I like from this issue! I love the yoke and I have a similar pattern from Simplicity but this one is a little more refined. I love the length of these dresses. It seems everyone, myself included, shortens vintage patterns to adhere to our modern ideas of length for dresses when the goal is to wear the outfit in our real life. Next time I make a dress from this period, I am going to leave it a little longer to adhere to the length sensibilities of the time the patter was manufactured.



I know tonight I will be dreaming of these elusive patterns.


1 comment:

Stained Glass Fort Lauderdale said...

Appreciate the time you took to post this