So much to do in RL but I have been plugging along sewing. When last you heard from this intrepid sewist, she had grand plans for a Victorian day dress. Those grand plans are moving along.
Using mostly the Truly Victorian patterns as a base because I have to change things up with everything I do. The Fantail skirt is completed. This is a TNT pattern for me since I have used it numerous times for ball gowns. The skirt is done except for hemming and trim. As you can see, I have padded out one of my dress forms hoping this will assist given the time crunch and because I hate wearing a corset.
I have also, finally, prepared a toile of the bodice. I changed my mind a number of times about the bodice: what I wanted and what it would look like. Last night I tried the toile on and with some modifications I think it will work. Interestingly, I thought I would need to make it larger but the reality was it needed to go smaller through the back and waist. I was surprised.
So, I have retraced my pattern with those changes and cut out 2 more versions. Due to time restraints, I have to move forward with this ASAP so no more fitting. I have yet to cut my “fashion” fabric. Just the underlining and lining are cut.
Whew….that tired me to even think about. The lining has also now been serged. Gosh I love my serger!