Monday, September 13, 2010

Do Not Adjust Your Computer or How NOT to Match Stripes


Apparently, I am very bad at matching stripes.  Granted these were uneven stripes.  All of my attempts were just off.  Some pieces of the bodice were cut more than once until I just decided to forget it.  I spent hours and hours trying to match the stripes.  I do realize the curved seams did not assist in the matching process but seriously it was bad.

It was bugging me but I did not have enough time to find new fabric.  So what to do?  Well, I made some piping for the obvious seams to kind of distract from the mis-matched stripes.  It was the only idea I could come up with.  I can’t even say it works.  But it is nice piping! I did not make corded piping, just flat piping.  Maybe the cording would have helped even more.

No comments: