Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fluttering By




First take a look at the teeny tiny vintage buttons that I am going to use.  

Pretty and vintatge


I bought these years ago but had no idea they would be so very small.
Blurry but check out the button next
to a dime.  See ....super small!!!

 Because I am not doing the cape, the pintucks will be on display.  I am going to punctuate the pintucks by using these buttons.



Also because I am not using the cape sleeves, I need to draft new sleeves.  I want flutter sleeves which are still correct for this era.  How to draft the sleeve?  First, I grabbed a dress I own with those types of sleeves and traced it off.  It looked odd.  Next, I started going through the pattern collection looking for a pattern with that type of sleeve.  Luckily I was able to find one.  Traced it off and what do you know it looked odd.   
Weird sleeve pattern
But it also matched what I traced off my dress so I took a deep breath and went for it!!

No comments: